doiwl March 9th, 2008
The results are surprising and in fact shocking, but it is the way of democracy!
- DAP/PKR/PAS had successfully denied the 2/3 majority of Barisan Nasional! (82 seats)
- BN had lost in Kelantan, Pulau Pinang, Selangor, Kedah, Perak.
(5 out of 12 Dewan Undangan Negeri contested are now in the hand of opposition.
Moreover, in Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Barisan Nasional won only ONE out of 11 parliamentary seats.
- Parti Keadilan Rakyat (PKR) emerged to be the leading opposition party (31 seats in Parliament), followed by DAP (28), and PAS (23).
- Out of 5 Barisan Nasional major component party leaders, 3 of them had lost
(GERAKAN Koh Tsu Koon, MIC Sammy Vellu, PPP M. Kayveas).
Only 2 won (UMNO Abdullah, MCA Ong Ka Ting)
- The legend of “zero-opposition” in Johor? NO MORE.
- The title of minister does not guarantee anything.
Minister of Information – Zainuddin lost.
Minister of Woman, Family, Community Development – Shahrizat lost.
Minister of Works – Samy Vellu lost.
Minister in PM Dept – Kayveas lost.
and a lot more of MCA/GERAKAN Deputy Minister had lost in GE12.
- GERAKAN is the big loser. 民政党在中央有担任官职者，全军覆没。
MCA doesn’t look good as well.
Edit on 9/3: Begitu juga dengan UMNO, kalah besar.
Questions yet to be answered:
- How is the new cabinet lineup going to be?
- Who are the “voice in cabinet” for ethnic Chinese and Indians?
- What will happen to the BN component party leader who had lost in GE12? Senator?
- Is PM Abdullah going to be PM in coming years?
Presiden UMNO tanpa dicabar in this coming UMNO election, or Najib will contest against him?
- Anwar Ibrahim = opposition-leader-to-be? (After April)
- Those states in the hand of DAP/PKR/PAS,
what can we expect from them in the coming 5 years?
Can they (DAP/PKR/PAS) really form a better state government?
Can they work along together despite of different ideology?
THE 12th MALAYSIA GERERAL ELECTION — A GOOD START TO REAL DEMOCRACY!