doiwl September 23rd, 2008
I was reluctant to try out facebook at first, hate to restart all those process again (register, adding, confirm friends, duh…)
But the Maxis advertisement (featuring mobile Facebook), and my senior colleague “persuasion” had changed my mind. Hehe, free time at work mah~
FB surprises me with lots of WOW factors and highly innovative features.
- Fine grained access control (able to control the access level for each information)
- Tag other people for every photos, videos, postings
- Categorizing your friends into separate lists. (Friendster listing of friends is totally a mess.)
- People you may know…. (How the algorithm works? by using the minimum level of CPU…..)
- Able to import activity from other sites, and also RSS feeds.
- News feeds and status updates. Some kind of micro-blogging.
- Developer (crucial… programmers are improving Facebook free of charge)
- Advertising (Very advanced advertising mechanism, targeting the ads to the relevant audience by using the profile details!)
- Rather complicated.
- Annoying notifications from the application / games. More than 100 application requests pending in my account.
- Messy wall (profile page), too personalized… More like a game site rather than showing the personal profile.